Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Cushion Love: Kate Lauren Designs

I think I've fallen in love with a cushion! More precisely, the 'Zachary Hunter Yellow Accent Cushion' by Kate Lauren Designs. So subtle, yet simply gorgeous. In fact, I've fallen in love with many of their whimsical bedroom collections, sweetly put together as children's spaces.
"Each collection has been inspired and named after either my own children or my children's friends.  Their stories are real stories and I have tried to capture the essence of their characters through the designs and stories that accompany them. " - Kate Lauren
Aside from the dreamy bed linen and cushions, you can also find stunning fabric lampshades, lanterns and wall hangings. I suggest heading on over to check out all the loveliness at Kate Lauren Designs and be sure to read the beautiful little stories of who the bedroom was designed for, they're adorable!



The inspiration for cushion searching came from having just purchased my first linen bedspread by Home Republic, from Adairs. This pillow will make a joyous accent to my sleeping space. As we are in the depths of the Winter rains here in Sydney, I needed a little brightening to make the days a little less grey. Crisp whites with a touch of happy yellow shall be my sanctuary from the clouds outside. 


I also purchased this sweet as pie owl, from Adairs, to sit by me at night. Maybe he will impart some of his wisdom my way... but even if he doesn't, he's still a joy to look at. 


How do you transform your spaces in the dark old days of winter? Do you go for brighter colours, or relax into neutrals and textures? 

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear any thoughts or comments you may have! Thanks for stopping by - Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...